Yesterday was my first day starting my diet (wasn't as hard as I thought). I had a v8 juice for breakfast with 2 strips of turkey bacon and a scrambled egg. For Lunch I had a spinach salad, with grilled chicken. For Dinner I ate another salad (I believe I will hate salad when this is over) with grilled chicken. I am not eating any breads, no fruit juices, no fruit for 2 weeks. I have implemented my "own" South Beach diet (I like to call it "SBeach" aka Sid's Beach diet, because that is my goal, to sit on the beach in a couple of months!! tee hee)
This is the first time in my life, that I have ever even considered a diet, so this is truly a struggle for me. I am looking to my friends, family for support and any ideas that they may have used to help them lose weight.
Tonight I will start my cardio exercise program, since I have never been an avid exerciser! This should be interesting for me.
my goal is to again, lose 20lbs. I will weigh in at the end of the week to see if I have made any progress!
Again, thanks for all of the support from my friends!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Sid and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ReplyDeleteI applaud your dieting efforts and look forward to sharing the journey with you.
Yesterday for me got off to a rocky start. I decided that the small vegetable lomein left over from last night's last horrah need not go to waste so by mid-morning I lost the good/bad battle ate most of it and gave the rest to my Shih Tzus.
With that issue abated, the remainder of the day I spent reading up on the SBD recipes, Good Carbs/Bad Carbs and decided to use what I already had in the house to get through the day and shop tomorrow since I was home with sinus issues. My evening meal of thin sandwich-style steak and onions with string beans was actually very tasty. My evening snack consisted of a protein shake. Today, I will go to the grocery store to buy salad fixings, additional seasoning and the like.
So let's fasten our seat belts and enjoy this lifestyle change. I rode my bike last night for the first time in over 6 months and I feel excited about the wave of change that is sure to materialize. Mentally motivated, I look forward to comparing and sharing as we reach our weight loss goal.
Next, To Small, Too Cute Outfit pic. So many to choose from! (LOL))))
Congrats Sid!!! (its me Steph btw) I wanted to post a comment to help keep you motivate cuz we ALL need it! Good luck and keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete